Friday, January 18, 2008

A place for C!

I started thinking... probably too hard... that I wanted a place to store things that Cadence does or says. My own mom died when I was just 13 mos old and well, Dad did his best but just doesn't remember the things a mom would remember. I'd like to think I'll remember the important stuff when she's 16 and her first boyfriend (wait, did I say 16... make that 35!) comes over to meet me (and I need to whip out the embarrassing material) but the practical side of me wants to get things in writing so her dad isn't stuck not remembering the mom things.

I also spend entirely too much time online and thought this would be a nice way to spend some of that time.

I'll jot down funny things she says, strange things she does and maybe toss in a picture or two to show off.

With that being said let's get started!

Today in the car I was putting some lotion on my hands. I had just gotten started and was just rubbing my palms together. She was watching intently; she didn't want any, I asked. Then I heard, "the backs too, Mommy!" I thought I hadn't heard right so I asked, "What Babe?" She repeated, "backs too, Mommy!" Ohhhh BACKS! She was just repeating what I tell her so many times while she's washing her hands. I immediately rubbed the backs too just because I was so amused! My little Mother Hen.

Get those backs!!

So then she caught a whiff (the technical term) of my lotion and said, "I snell it!" (no that was not a typo). I asked her if she liked it, she said she did, so I put my hand under her nose to get a better whiff. She sniffed but declared, "I can snell it in the car too, Mommy." Duh, Tiff, she doesn't need your hand up her nose to snell that stuff, she already snelled it in the car!

She never ceases to run out of amusing things to repeat.

0 comments: